Places to explore while visiting the Smugglers' Notch area!
Just a short drive from Smugglers', you'll find plenty to explore.
Self-Guided Day Trips
Things you can easily see and do on your own within a 30 minute drive...
• Shop in nearby Jeffersonville & Cambridge
> Vermont crafts, gifts, quilts & antiques
> maple products
> country general store
> local fine arts galleries
• Enjoy a vineyard & winery tour at the Boyden Valley Winery
• Golf at several area courses
• Canoe or fish the Lamoille River
• Discover centuries-old covered bridges
• Drive through spectacular Smugglers' Notch Pass
• Explore historic Stowe - specialty shops, fine dining, antiques
• Visit the famous Trapp Family Lodge
or within an hour you can...
• Explore fine shopping and dining in the waterfront city of Burlington
• Tour Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory
• Visit the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory
• Tour historic Shelburne Museum - Americana at its best
• Shop at the Essex Outlets
• Test your willpower at Lake Champlain Chocolates
• Sample treats at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill
• Tour the Vermont Cabot Creamery
• Explore the ECHO Center - Burlington's waterfront aquarium & science center for all ages