Advantages and Benefits of Full Ownership
There are special benefits to Full Ownership offered through our Renter Agreement.
• Winter membership in the Platinum Owner Pass, for a fee. This entitles your immediate family members to purchase our unique, discounted season pass to ski for free every day all Winter long.
• Summer use of the facilities and programs that are being offered to renting guests. These include tennis, pools, miniature golf, guided hikes, waterslides, award-winning children's programs(Discovery Dynamos, Trail Blazers, Adventure Rangers, Notch Squad) and nightly family entertainment.
• Winter use of the outdoor ice skating, tube sliding and evening family entertainment. Discounts on Ski Camp & Lessons.
• The ability to rent another or similar home at a substantial discount. If you want to return to Smugglers' and your home has been rented (and there are other rental homes available), you will pay the Homeowner lodging portion, plus the housekeeping fee. This represents true flexibility and significant savings for you and your family.
• Other Owner benefits include charging to your Homeowner account, Child Care, Ski & Snowboard rentals, and all regularly priced Sport Shop merchandise.
Our renter program works for Full Ownership.
Our renter program is voluntary, and participating Homeowners receive the benefit programs, plus the potential for year-round rental income. Rental proceeds, less our commission and fees, are remitted to you quarterly. A current rate listing is available which shows the gross rental rate for condominiums. We also require that Full Owners make their homes available for rental at least 75 days during the Winter season each year. Our rental commission covers the following:
• Preparing the home prior to a renter's arrival
• Providing fresh towels and linens at renter's request
• Cleaning the home thoroughly after a renter's departure
• Promoting and marketing of the advantages of Smugglers', which will bring vacationers and prospective buyers
to the Resort and provide rental income
• Providing all Guest Service Desk, reservations, telephone and administrative services
• All Travel Agent fees
• Use of facilities and programs
All Ownership options provide services for your property management fee.
Smugglers' Notch is the developer of the condominiums at the Resort and performs various property management functions for Homeowners. Some of these functions include Resort road snowplowing and maintenance, rubbish collection, recycling, meter reading, adjacent grounds and lawn care clean up, standby backup to the Fire Department with on-site hydrant capability, provision for waste water treatment and disposal and maintenance of Village sewage plant and distribution system.
Our housekeeping staff will clean your home after your departure from your personal weeks of usage. The fee for this service will be billed to you on an hourly basis, plus linens and supplies, and will appear on your quarterly statement. Extra linens and supplies during your stay are available at housekeeping for a nominal fee. Daily maid service is also available upon request for an extra fee.
You can exchange your vacation time thru RCI.
Ownership at Smugglers' means membership in RCI (Resort Condominiums International). Being a member entitles you to exchange your weeks for vacations at nearly 5,160 luxury resorts worldwide.