Lake Champlain Sailing Adventures
Available daily - reservation required
Set sail from Burlington, VT with Whistling Man Schooner Company for two hours aboard their iconic and historic sailing sloops, Friend Ship and Wild Rose. Enjoy the relaxation of Lake Champlain and its stunning views with friends and family. A perfect afternoon excursion for groups of two to twelve looking to try something new or to just sit back, relax, and enjoy all that Lake Champlain has to offer. Bring your own picnic, drinks(alcohol allowed), and a spirit of adventure as knowledgeable and friendly captains and crew serve up interesting local stories and top-notch customer service. Make a reservation or get more information by clicking here or calling 802-825-7245
Fall Foliage E-Bike Tour
Monday & Wednesday, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Leaf peep in a whole new way! Lamoille Valley Bike Tours invites you to step out of your car and onto an electric bike to view the spectacular beauty of Vermont’s foliage up close and personal with a self guided E-bike adventure on the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail. This 17 mile car-free trail sports a working farm landscape, sweeping fields of flowers, beautiful and wild river plain, and breathtaking mountainous scenery. Add to that the brilliant colors of Autumn’s foliage and you’re in for an unforgettable experience! Our on-site Ride Guide is full of information about the LVRT and the many shops and restaurants accessible from the trail and you have the freedom to decide where you want to go and what you want to see. Try picnicking by the river or on a scenic area of the trail. Plan your day around some shopping and dining at any of the authentic Vermont shops, cafes and restaurants located in each town, or in some cases, right on the trail. You can also use the time to bike as much of the trail as you can fit into your tour time! $60 per person. Meet at Lamoille Valley Bike Tour’s rail trail location of 19 Creamery Street, Johnson VT.
Self-Guided Ebike and Brew Tour
Thursday & Friday, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Self-guided adventure EBike tour that includes stops at three local, yet national breweries, Rock Art Brewery, Lost Nation Brewery and Ten Bends Beer, all from the seat of an electric bike! This tour combines the best of LVBT’s scenic tours and is almost exclusively on the car-free Lamoille Valley Rail Trail. Guests are provided with easy navigational info and all the details/history of the breweries you'll be visiting and you may explore and sample at your leisure. Enjoy the breweries at your own time and pace and grab a bite to eat while you're at Lost Nation or any of the other great eateries on and nearby the trail! $75 per person. Meet at Lamoille Valley Bike Tours trailside location 19 Creamery Street, Johnson VT.
Things you can easily see and do on your own within a 30 minute drive...
- Shop in nearby Jeffersonville & Cambridge for Vermont crafts, gifts, quilts & antiques, maple products, country general store, and local fine arts galleries
- Enjoy a vineyard & winery tour at the Boyden Valley Winery
- Golf at several area courses
- Canoe or fish the Lamoille River
- Discover centuries-old covered bridges
- Drive through spectacular Smugglers' Notch Pass
- Explore historic Stowe - specialty shops, fine dining, antiques
- Visit the famous Trapp Family Lodge
or within an hour you can...
- Explore the City of Burlington
- Tour Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory
- Visit the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory
- Tour historic Shelburne Museum Americana at its best
- Shop at The Essex Outlet Shops
- Test your willpower at Lake Champlain Chocolates
- Sample treats at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill
- Tour the Vermont Cabot Creamery
- Explore the ECHO Center Burlington Waterfront Aquarium & Science Center