Fall Foliage Boat Tours
Available daily, 11:00 am - 12:00 noon, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm & 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
If you’re looking for a unique fall foliage experience, this is the trip for you. One of our guides will motor you along the beautiful, serene Waterbury Reservoir. The Fall Foliage Scenic Boat charters have a lot to offer. The Waterbury Reservoir is settled between two mountain ranges offering extraordinary fall foliage views. The Waterbury Reservoir is 860 acres. It is approximately 5 miles long, providing plenty of beautiful shoreline. Along one shoreline is part of the Mount Mansfield State Forest that covers 12,912 acres of forest. The Waterbury Reservoir was one of four dams that were created in the 1930’s for flood control following the flood of 1928. Construction began in April of 1935 and the dam was complete in October 1938. The dam is an earth fill dam, meaning it is made of stone. Before any additions were made to the dam, it was the largest dam in the country in which all of the stones were placed by a human instead of excavators.
Participants must provide own transportation. Tours meet at the Fly Rod Shop in Stowe. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start of trip. $100 for 2 people, add $50 for each additional person up to 6. Advance sign-up required, as space is limited. Call 802-253-7346 now to reserve your spot! Available September 20 - October 19, 2021.
Fall Foliage E-Bike Tour
Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Leaf peep in a whole new way! Lamoille Valley Bike Tours invites you to step out of your car and onto an electric bike to view the spectacular beauty of Vermont’s foliage up close and personal with a self guided E-bike adventure on the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail. This 17 mile car-free trail sports a working farm landscape, sweeping fields of flowers, beautiful and wild river plain, and breathtaking mountainous scenery. Add to that the brilliant colors of Autumn’s foliage and you’re in for an unforgettable experience! Our on-site Ride Guide is full of information about the LVRT and the many shops and restaurants accessible from the trail and you have the freedom to decide where you want to go and what you want to see. Try picnicking by the river or on a scenic area of the trail. Plan your day around some shopping and dining at any of the authentic Vermont shops, cafes and restaurants located in each town, or in some cases, right on the trail. You can also use the time to bike as much of the trail as you can fit into your tour time!
$60 per person. Advance registration required. Ages 12 & up. Reserve 24 hrs. in advance. Meet at Lamoille Valley Bike Tour’s rail trail location at 19 Creamery Street, Johnson VT.
Things you can easily see and do on your own within a 30 minute drive...
• Shop in nearby Jeffersonville & Cambridge
> Vermont crafts, gifts, quilts & antiques
> maple products
> country general store
> local fine arts galleries
• Enjoy a vineyard & winery tour at the Boyden Valley Winery
• Golf at several area courses
• Canoe or fish the Lamoille River
• Discover centuries-old covered bridges
• Drive through spectacular Smugglers' Notch Pass
• Explore historic Stowe - specialty shops, fine dining, antiques
• Visit the famous Trapp Family Lodge
or within an hour you can...
• Explore the City of Burlington
• Tour Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory
• Visit the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory
• Tour historic Shelburne Museum Americana at its best
• Shop at The Essex Outlet Shops
• Test your willpower at Lake Champlain Chocolates
• Sample treats at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill
• Tour the Vermont Cabot Creamery
• Explore the ECHO Center Burlington Waterfront Aquarium & Science Center