Guided adventure tour registration (Available July 1st)
Doors 5:00 pm — Show 5:30 pm
This is an all ages event! Children 12 & under are FREE! Presented In Association With Signal Kitchen Events
Celebrate the culture of the great northeast at Smugglers’ Notch Resort's 4th annual FallFest, where a blend of outdoor recreation and championship competition come together for an unforgettable two-night celebration. Spend your days enjoying our Green Mountain playground on guided mountain biking and rock climbing adventures. Watch the best disc golf athletes in the world compete in the PDGA Proffesional Disc Golf World Championships. In the evening, join the party on Smugglers’ Village Green as spirited sets of live music are highlighted by local food trucks & a pig roast, a curated lineup of VT craft brews and ciders and a special edition can release from our friends at Fiddlehead Brewing. Joining our musical line-up are The Felice Brothers, Too Many Zooz, Lawrence, Sabouyuoma, Seth Yacovone Band— more acts and final schedules TBA!
Live Music (schedules and additional acts TBA)
* The Felice Brothers — For fans of: The Band, Bob Dylan, Dave Rawlings Machine. “Their Dylanesque Americana – all wheezing accordion, fiddles, and folk tales about forgotten bandits - occasionally conjures up the atmosphere of a heady barn dance.” The Guardian
* Lawrence — For fans of: Lake Street Dive, Vulfpeck, Kat Wright. “The rich nine piece arrangements pay tribute to Motown, Muscle Shoals, and everything in Between...” Relix Magazine
* Too Many Zooz — For Fans of: Moon Hooch, Lettuce, Trombone Shorty. At the 2016 CMA Awards one sound burst from the stage like a thunderquake. As Beyoncé performed "Daddy Lessons" accompanied by Dixie Chicks and Too Many Zooz - the New York City trio which originally recorded the song on the star's Lemonade album - TMZ brought the sound of the street to Beyoncé's glittering musical declaration. Glued to their smart phones, tablets, and TVs, America beheld Too Many Zooz' innovative polyglot style.
* Seth Yacovone BandFallFest Lodging Special Call for more information. The only way to truly experience all that FallFest has to offer is to stay at Smugglers' Notch Resort. Not only will you be in the heart of the festival action, but you can park your car and leave it there. Our shuttle has you covered, no matter where you want to adventure. Included in your FallFest lodging package:
• Mountainside resort condominium lodging • Unlimited use of the Mountainside water playground with pool and waterslide • Unlimited use of the Courtside Pool and hot tubs • Access to the FunZone 2.0 Ozone • Guided walks & hikes • Use of mountain bike trails, mountain bike skills park & pumptracks • Basketball, shuffleboard, tennis, volleyball, mini golf, and the skate park. • Free disc golf on the Village 9 Provisions Craft Beer & Cider The Vermont craft beer and cider scene has injected excitement into the industry that has spread throughout New England. Join us at the epicenter of the craft brew scene in the Northeast to enjoy some of the best beer and cider VT has to offer. Anchored by Fiddlehead Brewing Company's exclusive limited edition Brew & Can Sale (this weekend is the ONLY time to buy their special edition beer in cans, and Smuggs is the ONLY place to do it!). FallFest will also include delicious offerings from Citizen Cider, 14th Star, Zero Gravity, The Alchemist, Sierra Nevada, and Two Roads!
Local Food Farming is a central piece in the heritage of the great Northeast. That heritage has erupted into some of the best farm to table dining experiences in the country. Spend your evening sampling delicious local fare from an assortment of Vermont’s finest food vendors including a pig roast for each night of FallFest, an assortment of local food trucks and more! Vendors include the Skinny Pancake, the Green Mountain Grillbillies, Papa Gyro, and more!
Festival Games, Vendor Village, Kids Zone & More! Not only will you enjoy great food & drink, but FallFest Live offers festival games to try, a climbing wall to conquer, and a Kids Zone that helps make this event fun for the entire family! Add to that a vendor village that includes sport and art vendors, and FallFest will keep you busy all evening! Event Guidelines Our mission is to deliver a safe and fun FallFest for all! Here's a list of items allowed / not allowed inside the venue space. All events are rain or shine. All dates, acts, and ticket prices subject to change without notice.
Allowed: Re-entry, with a valid FallFest 2018 ticket/bracelet Water bottles Chairs Blankets Snacks for the kiddos!
The following items are not allowed inside the venue: Glass containers Outside food/beverage Outside alcohol Pets Illegal substances Weapons No smoking - this is a smoke free venue
NOTE: Bags are subject to a “soft” search. Happenings This year, FallFest is part of World Championship Week at Smugglers’ Notch Resort. Join in for free spectating Wednesday-Sunday at the Smuggs Disc Golf Center, where the best disc golfers in the world compete in the PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships on Smugglers’ two world renowned courses. Have an appetite to explore the stunning natural surroundings? Spend your days enjoying our Green Mountain playground on guided mountain biking and rock climbing adventures or head out for one of many signature hikes.
Disc Golf Professional World Championship Sunday, September 2 - Sunday, September 9
Disc Golf Spectating The PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championship is the premier event in the sport of disc golf, crowning the world champions for both men and women each year. We’ve lined the week up with great opportunities to learn about the sport, play some disc golf, meet the pros, and watch the best disc golfers in the world in action as they vy for the sport’s ultimate prize. Spectating is free, stay tuned for our Event Guide, August 1st, with all the details! • Sunday, September 2 — Mixed Doubles World Championship • Monday, September 3 — Field Events & Jeffersonville Fair • Tuesday, September 4 — Media Day & Worlds Opening Ceremony • Wednesday, September 5-9 — Singles Competition & Free Spectating
Players that aren't in the event will be able to sign up for limited tee times on our championship courses throughout the event, play all week on our Village 9 course, and sign up for disc golf clinics that will be offered throughout the weekend. There also will be disc golf raffles and competitions to take advantage of, and "Meet the Pros" sessions! If you are a disc golfers or disc golf fan, you have to be on-site to take it all in, so book your lodging today! Mountain Biking Friday, September 7th - Sunday, September 9th Join Smuggs MTB for a weekend of mountain biking in the heart of Vermont. Guided rides, trail tours, skills clinics, kids camps, and more are in store for your long weekend of mountain biking bliss! Here’s a sample of the weekend offerings. Registration opens July 1st! • Kids' Camps • Park Sessions: Join the Smugglers’ Notch mountain bike crew for sessions in our bike park and downhill flow trails. Bike rentals & full service bike shop available on site. All abilities welcome, or relax on the porch and enjoy the action! Coaches are available to give tips and tricks to help progression! • Guided Trail Rides: Enjoy a guided bike ride that will take in the foliage on our trail network. It’s all about scenery, so the level of the ride will be determined by the group, with multiple guides leading at different paces. This ride will explore as much of the resorts single track network as possible! Total mileage will be determined by the motivation of the group. Prior mountain bike experience is recommended, but not required. • Gravel & Dirt Foliage Tour: This ride will take you from Smugglers’ Notch to Valley Dream Farm in Cambridge. Biking on gentle dirt back roads, this is a great option for those interested in biking, but not looking to ride technical trails. Total mileage will span just over 18 miles with an option to add on some of the Brewster Ridge Mountain Bike Club’s (BRMBC) classic New England single track that begins at the farm. • Local Trail Network Tours: These rides will load up on a shuttle and drive through the Notch to ride one of this area’s great single track zones in Stowe. Total mileage will be determined by the motivation of the group. Prior mountain bike experience is required for this ride. • Timed Enduro Race: Head out for a timed ride through the Smugglers’ Notch trail network. You can depart at any point within a 2-hour window to get your laps in! Prizes for the fastest time. Divisions based on age & course choice! Starting from the Smuggs Bike Shop, you may time yourself on the Bronze, Silver, or Gold routes. This ride wraps up on the porch at the bike shop for a celebration of a great day of riding.
Rock Climbing Friday, September 7th - Sunday, September 9th Known for some of the best climbing in the world, Smugglers’ Notch attracts climbers year-round. FallFest is proud to partner with Petra Cliffs, a local Vermont rock climbing gym and school to allow Fest-goers to take advantage of the cliffs and boulders that lay in wait in the Notch. Enjoy a 3-day programming slate that offers opportunities for all; whether just starting, or itching to be lead to some of the Notch’s most iconic routes. Check out the program below and get ready to register soon! Program offerings open July 1st.
Bouldering Tour Guides Visit the Petra Cliffs bouldering tour guides at the top of the Notch near the Visitor's Center to find the boulders you're looking for. With one guide book out of print, Mountain Project, only telling a portion of the story, our tour guides will help you find what you're looking for, and you'll likely walk away happy, tired, and with the knowledge to be able to come back and send your project on your own!
Guided Climbs Join Petra Cliffs Mountaineering School's guides for a tour of the boulders and a chance to climb high on one of the Notch's most classic, historical routes - The Quartz Crack and The Diagonal. The Quartz Crack Great climbing and an amazing position make this a Smuggs classic and a great adventure. Be prepared to draw a crowd of amazed tourists in the parking lot below! Beginner friendly. Climb and rappel. Climb up to 255'. The Diagonal Wild exposure and cool climbing on the face above the main parking area at the top of the Notch! Beginner friendly on first pitch (120'), intermediate climbers may continue on for a second pitch (5.8+). Climb and rappel! Climbs include use of rental harness, helmet, climbing shoes, chalk bag. Amount of climbing/vertical distance may depend upon conditions, weather, time, and climbing ability. Alternate climbs may be suggested if weather is not ideal. All participants will belay, remove traditional climbing gear, learn about anchor construction, and rappel back to the ground. Fitness to hike a short but steep distance required. Refunds only if Petra Cliffs cancels programming due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.Charitable Cause - Special Olympics of Vermont The 2018 PDGA Pro World Championships have partnered with the Special Olympics of Vermont to raise money to support their mission. Founded on the belief that people with intellectual disabilities can, with proper instruction and encouragement, learn, enjoy, and benefit from participation in individual and team sports, Special Olympics contributes to the physical, social, and psychological development of people with intellectual disabilities.
Sign Up for eNotch News
Your source for Smuggs news and special offers.