We are honored to be chosen by familyvacationcritic.com as one of their "Best vacation spots for families with special-needs children" and to be a top pick in Autism Parenting Magazine's 2016 "The Ultimate Guide to Autism Friendly Products and Services"
The Smugglers' Notch Adaptive Program is dedicated to providing therapeutic recreation for children and adults of all abilities in a supportive environment. Experiences are tailored to meet the needs and goals of each individual. The ratio of counselor to program guest is based on the individual needs of each person. Depending on individual need, an inclusion program in our daily children's programs may be appropriate, offering the guest the opportunity to socialize with peers while still maintaining the support he or she needs through our adaptive program. It is our hope that each camper will leave the program with feelings of self respect, respect for others and nature, and new skills. The Summer program offers a variety of adventure activities ...
- Arts & Crafts
- Creature Feature
- Disc Golf
- Guided Hiking
- Mini Golf
- Nature Time
We invite you to read the stories shared by our visitors describing their family's Smugglers' adaptive program experience:
"12 reasons why Smugglers' Notch is special needs family vacation heaven," on Love That Max, "a blog about kids with special needs who kick butt"!
"A Summer "Unplugged" at Smugglers' Notch" on The iQJournals, Adventures in Autism, Media and Technology with a Boy Named Quentin
Our Summer guests share their feedback...
Richard from Sewell, NJ
"SNAP is excellent. Every person we have encountered in this program over the past few years has been outstanding. It is inclusive in activities with non-disabled peers, which we highly value, and it is respectful of the person with a disability."
John from East Stroudsburg, PA
"The SNAP program is excellent. Our son Patrick has been coming for 10 years. This time he went for a full two weeks. Shawna and Aiden are just wonderful ... Patrick has a motor that does not stop and they all kept him so busy, with hiking, swimming, Horseback riding and kayaking, plus much more. Patrick is on the severe end of the Autism Spectrum Disorder, and all the staff know how to handle him. We feel very comfortable with Patrick in the SNAP program ... Wonderful people."
Adaptive swim lessons are available through our Aquatics Department. Lessons may be scheduled during the camp day and we will accompany the camper to their lesson. Call 802-644-1046 to book a lesson.
Field trips are offered a la carte to your camp week for an additional fee. Excursions are offered each week. There is a minimum participation number of 3 campers for each trip. Trips are subject to availability.
Summer 2019 Trips:
Tuesday — Horseback Riding at Hope Grows Farm Hyde Park, VT: $50
Wednesday — Sailing on Lake Champlain with Vermont Adaptive Sports: $95
Thursday — Kayaking on the Lamoille River: $75
Friday — ArborTrek: $48
Full day program, 9:15 am - 4:00 pm, $179 per person, per day.
Half-day program, 9:15 am - 12:00 noon or 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm, $115 per person, per half-day.
Optional camp lunch program: $6.15 plus tax (ages 3-6 years) $7.25 plus tax (ages 7 years & older) or bring a bag lunch.
How to Register for SNAP
Please note: We recommend booking at least 6 months in advance for June 23-July 6 and August 11-31, and at least 30 days in advance for non-peak weeks.
1. Call 802-644-8502 or email the SNAP office to inquire about availability.
2. Complete and return the Reservation/Student Information Form here. A new one is required every season.
3. Provide a valid credit card number to be kept on file. Please call the office to provide credit card information.
4. Once SNAP has received the paperwork and credit card number, we will complete the reservation and send an invoice as a confirmation.
Note: Reservations will not be complete or confirmed without paperwork and a credit card on file.
• There will be no charge for cancellations made 24 hours in advance of the lesson/camp time.
• There will be a $25 charge for cancellations made by 9:00 AM the day of the lesson/camp.
• There will be a half day charge for cancellations made after 9:00 AM the day of the lesson/camp.
• All reservations and cancellations for SNAP must be made directly through the SNAP office. Guest Services and the Reservations Department are not authorized to make a reservation or cancellation for SNAP.