Once uphill access is open, routes available for uphill access, the run back down, and the times they are available will be posted on the Snow Report
daily by 4:00 pm for that night and the following morning. It is imperative that you check the report as changing weather conditions can often lead to changes in the grooming schedule, especially for mornings on Sterling.When available:
Nighttime access will be:
, Daily 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm Madonna
, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm Sterling
, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Morning access will be:
, Daily 5:30 am to 7:30 amMorning users must be off the hill by 8:00 am. All times are subject to change so remember to check the Snow Report before you go!
We do intend to experiment with allowing uphill access on Lower Chilcoot during operating hours this season once we are 100% open. It will be announced on the Snow Report when available.
The following rules apply to uphill access users:
- Anyone participating in uphill travel, do so at their own risk and assume all liability for their use of the mountain.
- Please be aware that Resort emergency services are not available from 4:45 pm to 8:00 am. Call 911 in case of an emergency.
- Please be aware and respectful of snowmobile and snowcat activity that may be present on the trails during any time period.
- Avoid trails with snowmaking or grooming operations underway. Utilize the routes identified for access on the daily snow report. If you do encounter a groomer or snowmobile, please step off the side of the trail until they have passed. This is especially important at night when the operator’s field of vision is constrained.
- Robin’s Run, Freefall, Madonna Liftline (above Link), and all closed trails are off-limits as descent routes at all times.
- Do not approach winch cat operations under any circumstances. They can have over 2500’ of high-tension cable strung out that is impossible to see and very dangerous to be around. These areas are OFF-LIMITS!
- Always wear reflective clothing and use a headlamp at night.
- No dogs, cats, potbellied pigs, or other pets allowed. Sloths are cute and all, but again, leave them at home.
- If you pack it in, please pack it out. Don’t leave litter behind.
- Parking is available in Lot 3 ONLY. Please don’t park at the Base Lodge, Lot 1, or the Patrol Chalet.
- Smugglers’ Notch employees may monitor your behavior in the name of safety and compliance. Failure to abide by the guidelines may be grounds for revocation of Resort access privileges.
Thank you for your cooperation and let’s all have a great winter! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email at email@example.com CLOSE