#1 Kid-Friendly Resort in the East! — SKI Magazine Reader Survey 2018
A Vermont Maple Vacation Experience
The sweetest vacation you'll ever enjoy! March 17 - April 1, 2018
Maple sugaring is a rite of early spring in Vermont, a time-honored process filled with the traditions of hard work and social gatherings in the steaming sugarhouse, and the careful stewardship of the sugar maple woods over generations.
Your visit to Smugglers' Notch Resort during our MapleFest Celebration will immerse you in the traditions of the sugaring season, right in the geographic heart of Vermont's renowned maple syrup production. You'll even see sap lines at the resort that collect for a nearby sugarhouse!
Smugglers' is your comfortable and convenient home base for visits to sugarhouses where you'll learn about the process directly from enthusiastic maple sugarmakers. From snowshoe and walking treks, to specialty food and beverage samplings, to special dining options at our restaurants, you'll find so much that is maple-themed.
Plan on enjoying days filled with excitement, learning and fun that will leave you with your sweetest vacation memories ever!
Your Vermont MapleFest Celebration features the following, complimentary with your SmuggsPass*:
• Tours of local maple sugarhouses
• Daily sampling of maple products at our Country Store - from maple smoked cheese to maple pretzels!
• Learning about the maple sugaring process with a visit to Mother Nature's slopeside tipi
• Learning about a small-scale sugaring demonstration at our Nordic Center Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
• Thursday MapleFest Winter Carnival featuring games, sugar on snow, and maple-infused food and beverages. Sampling for ages 11 & older highlights award-winning maple enhanced Vermont spirits.